Do you ever get tired of the same old treadmill-and-free-weight routine? Are your fitness habits stuck in a rut? Could you just simply benefit from spending some more time in the fresh air? Give outdoor exercise a try! Introducing a new variety of cardio exercises will help to work under exercised muscle groups AND help you see new results.
Get your outdoor exercise routine going with these suggestions:
- Not into rollerblading on the boardwalk or yoga in the park? That’s okay – try these simple outdoor fitness moves in the privacy of your own backyard.
- Ready to get out of the gym and get into the great outdoors? Get started with a fitness guide to exercising outside, like this Woman’s Health workout suggests.
- Looking to pack a little more power into your workouts while outdoors? This article offers a list of challenging, engaging exercises to try outdoors, and when it cools off in Florida, it’s the perfect time to expand your fitness horizons.
- Hesitant about getting started? Try a “walkout” first!
General wellness advice for outdoor exercise:
Since Florida stays warm well into the fall, it’s important to maintain good exercise habits that are conducive to hot, humid weather. Take these tips into consideration before your next cardio session:
- Check the weather. Aim to work out during cooler parts of the day, before 10 AM or after 4 PM. If it’s extremely hot or if bad weather is imminent, stay indoors.
- Dress appropriately. Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Drink plenty of fluids. You should be drinking four to eight ounces of fluid or sports drink every 15-20 minutes while working out outdoors, and continue drinking until your urine is clear.
- Wear sweat-resistant sunscreen. Even on cloudy days, it’s important to wear sunscreen if you’re going to be outside exercising.
- Stop exercising at the first sign of heat exhaustion.
When it comes to kickstarting your exercise efforts, Dr. Garcia and his team are here to help! Our individualized approach helps us to create the best custom weight loss solution for you. Visit our website today to schedule your no cost consultation!